Introducing the Matlab Job Manager
Published 28 November 2013
I am releasing Matlab code for managing and executing computational tasks. I call it the Matlab Job Manager. This is the code that I use to run the tasks for my scientific simulations.
- Memoisation of computed results.
- The memoisation cache is automatically cleared when the associated code is modified.
- Parallel execution using a variety of methods:
- Clusters running a Portable Batch System scheduler
- A built-in job server to distribute tasks to workers running remotely.
I’m making this code available online in the hope that others will contribute and make improvements. If you use this code, please contribute your changes back to me on Github. The source code is available here.